Model Kits Perth
Buyers Guide to Model Kits for Perth Enthusiasts
Whether you are a beginner or advanced modeller, you will find the ideal model kits for your Perth hobby from our wide selection of aeroplanes, military vehicles, ships and more. We provide high-quality kits and accessories, including adhesive, tools and paints to suit your requirements. Our online store is easy to navigate so you can find what you need and have it delivered to your home.
Tips Regarding Model Kits in Perth
While the type of models that you assemble for your collection is a personal preference, consider our tips for getting the most value out of your kits.
- Shop online: Browsing kits online is a convenient way of sourcing specific models to add to your collection. We have an extensive selection of models to suit various interests, and if you can’t find something specific at our online store, our experienced team of modellers are sure to source it for you. Our products are high-quality and excellent value for money, and you can readily shop for everything you require to complete your project.
- Purchase quickly: Assembling model kits is a popular hobby that has been around for many years, so if you see the perfect subject that fits your growing collection, be sure to purchase it promptly. Some models can sell out quickly which means you may have to wait for a restock or place a special order which can take time to arrive
- Display models in a protective case: You can protect your models from dust or accidental damage when you display them in a protective case. A transparent plastic covering means you can showcase your models without the worry of people touching or scratching the displays.
We have been asked to hold classes on a variety of techniques. Sign up to go on the waiting list for classes here!
Subscribe to our newsletter
What You Should Know About Model Paints in Perth
We provide a selection of paints that are ideal for modelling kits.
- Acrylic: This paint is easy to apply with a brush or spray. It has a quick drying time meaning you can paint and dry your model in a few hours rather than days. Acrylic paints have a low odour and can be thinned with water which makes cleaning up easy.
- Enamel: Enamel is an oil-based paint and can be thinned out with turpentine. Although it is slower to dry than acrylic, the advantage of enamel paint is that you can soften it again with white spirits and remove the paint. This feature is ideal for creating washes and filters to give your model a weathered look.
- Lacquer: Lacquer is hard, durable and shiny, which makes it ideal for natural metal finishes and aircraft models.
About Defence Model SuppliesOur team of model enthusiasts have extensive experience and knowledge of the craft. We provide high-quality products that we use ourselves and that are recommended by master model makers. Our full range of products ensures that you can find the perfect model, paint, tool or accessories to suit your interest and skill level.
Contact us today to order your model kits and paint supplies.